Just recently, Rubrik announced their integration with the FlashArray to help backup virtual machines and avoid the common performance penalty incurred during VMware snapshot consolidation. See their announcement here.
This is a post that is somewhat a long time coming as I did the work for this jeez basically in August 2015, but never got around to actually writing a blog post. Shame on me. Anyways, here it is!
Let us start with the requirements:
- FlashArray 400 series or FlashArray//m
- Purity v4.1.1 (or higher)
- REST API: v1.4 (found in Purity v4.x and higher)
- Fibre Channel or iSCSI Protocol
- Commvault software version 10 service pack 12 or later with Commvault IntelliSnap software license
Some documentation links: