Hello- today I wanted to show you some of the cool new NFS datastore features in vSphere plugin 5.3.4. You can review the release notes for the 5.3.4 release. You can install the vSphere plugin or upgrade what you currently have to take advantage of the bug fixes and features.
Here are the features I’m going to show you in this blog:
- NFS datastore edit and delete support
- This feature allows reconfiguration of existing NFS datastores.
- NFS 4.1 support
- The plugin now allows the provisioning of datastores with NFS 4.1 protocol. This requires Purity 6.4.10 or later on the hosting FlashArray.
- NFS VM undelete
- Allows the restoring of a virtual machine from pre-created snapshots for VMs that no longer exist in VMware.
- NFS VM PiT recovery
- Enables greatly simplified recovery of NFS-backed VMs using FlashArray snapshots