A new version of the EMC Virtual Storage Integrator 5.6.3 has been released for the following VSI features:
- AppSync–Allows you to manage service plans and datastore copies (mount, unmount, copy, restore etc.)
- Unified Storage Management–Provision storage from VPLEX, VMAX, VNX, VNXe from the vSphere Client
Now obviously this is a minor release and doesn’t include revolutionary changes but for users of these VSI features is worth the upgrade.
AppSync: Version 5.6.2 now support backing up all VMDKs of a VM in a VMFS and fixes a prior issue where service plans backed-up all of the suscribed VMFS volumes instead of the just the selected ones.
USM: Only new things is support for the VNX 5200 array. So an important update for those customers. A lot of fixed issues too:
- Triggering clones no longer results in null references. Object references can be set properly now.
- AD accounts are not duplicated any more
- Registering VMs in XenDesktop no longer fails.
- Multi-VM registration with XenDesktop is faster
- NFS datastores in a storage pool that have Access Control Utility rights assigned to it can now be extended.
- Full clones of a VNX NFS datastore in a DRS cluster no longer fails.
So if you have these problems, upgrade! Get it here: