I just put the finishing touches on my workflow packages for the Pure Storage FlashArray for VMware vRealize Orchestrator! Download it here:
Three important notes on this package:
- This is not officially supported by Pure Storage yet, I made this, not our engineering. Treat this like a VMware Fling. We support the underlying REST calls of course, but cannot guarantee support directly on the package (I will supply best effort). We will analyze demand for this though hopefully release a fully supported one in the future. If you like it, or want more, or more frequent updates, please let us know!
- This is open source, when you import it, you can edit it all you want, this is not locked down. Though I advise copying a given workflow to a new one so you can edit it and keeping the originals unchanged. This makes troubleshooting easier.
- Contribute! Please post your own additions and changes on Github or our community. Let’s see what everyone can do.
The workflow has been tested with vRealize Orchestrator 6.0.3 and 7.0. It should work with older versions as long as they have the REST plugin. From the FlashArray perspective, it requires any Purity version that runs the REST API 1.4 or later. Nothing else really matters, it supports both the 400 series and FlashArray//m.
Continue reading FlashArray Workflow Package for vRealize Orchestrator
Quick post here. An updated version of the Pure Storage FlashArray Management Pack for VMware vRealize Operations (vROPs) has been posted to the VMware Solutions Exchange. No new features, but a variety of internal improvements and bug fixes. Please download the latest version here:
I recommend updating your pak to this version.
Notable issues fixed in build 1.0.126 (v1.0.1):
- Use correct metric for top 25 volumes by read bandwidth widget.
- Fix caching to allow relationships to be refreshed when “filter by vsphere” option is disabled.
- Get datastores that are part of a datastore cluster in vCenter.
- Minor UI string changes.
For a functional review, please check out this post here:
UPDATE: This is a older post, but after working with vRO for longer and learning a lot more about it I decided I needed to re-write this post. Too much of it was not the best way to do things.
Continue reading Understanding vRealize Orchestrator Authentication with the FlashArray REST API
The Pure Storage Management Pack for VMware vRealize Operations Manager version 1 is now out! Download it here. This is the latest in our aggressive 2015 roadmap of VMware management integration, whether that be integration point that are new or updated.
So first, what is a management pack? A management pack is a plugin of sorts that can be installed into vRealize Operations Manager (vROPs) that provides context and relationships to existing objects inside vROPs. How these objects are related depends on what the pack represents. In the case of Pure Storage, the pack relates VMware objects, such as VMs and datastore to volumes on a particular FlashArray. This in addition to FlashArray host groups and hosts. Continue reading The Pure Storage FlashArray vROPs Adapter v1
VMware vRealize Log Insight is a product I have been quite fond of since it first came out–I liked it for a variety of reasons–one is the simplicity of use. As far as VMware’s entire management suite, it is the easiest to install/configure and understand how to use. You can really become an accomplished user in a day. Anyways, I finally got around to updating the Pure Storage FlashArray Content Pack to expand support for version 2.5 and also leverage some new functionality from Purity syslog messages.
Continue reading Updated Pure Storage Content Pack for vRealize Log Insight 2.5