Quick post. I have released the FlashArray Workflow Package for vRealize Orchestrator version 1.3. Not a huge update but a few changes/new features.
Get it here:
A few minor fixes:
- Certificate add workflow has improved input. Defaults with input starting with https://
- Get snapshot for a given volume workflow output was corrected. Variable return type changed from “properties” to array
- Improved input presentation for a few workflows
Three new workflows:
Expand FlashArray/VMFS Volume
This is based on the work I blogged about here. Plus a little more. This workflow takes in a VMFS datastore and a new capacity. It uses three exisiting workflows:
- The VMFS volume to FlashArray volume translator workflow to figure out what FlashArray array and volumes hosts the VMFS
- The get FlashArray volume workflow to get the current volume information
- Increase FlashArray volume capacity workflow. This simply resizes the given volume
The rest is code to first verify the new size is larger than the current size. While the FlashArray supports volume shrinking, VMFS does not. The other code item is rescanning to see the new volume size and performing the VMFS volume grow.
Recover a VMFS volume from the latest FlashArray Snapshot
This uses that handy VMFS volume translator workflow again as well as the workflow that gets all of the snapshots of a certain FlashArray volume and a third workflow to overwrite a volume with a snapshot. A little code in the middle to identify the latest snapshot for that volume.
Takes in a datastore object and does the rest.
List all of the FlashArray snapshots of a given VMFS
Pretty straight forward. Takes in a datastore and returns all of the available FlashArray snapshots for the volume that hosts that VMFS datastore. Basically just hooks the VMFS volume translator workflow with the get FlashArray snapshot one.